My name is Nick Urban. I’m a reluctant technologist.
I was raised on science fiction and I love what technology can do, but I often feel we think too little about what it ought to do, and about what it is doing – to us.
I studied software engineering to learn how, but now I am more interested in why and to what end. Through this journey, I have been guided by philosophy, literature, and meditation. I hope to build a software company that is both successful and idealistic.
Here is my resumé, and if you’re really patient, my master’s thesis (48 pages).
Find me on GitHub, LinkedIn, or send me an email.
- Built an order management system as Chief Engineer at Bespoke Post
- Worked a year in Argentina
- Defended a master’s thesis on philosophy of technology
- Learned songs in French and German
- Gave two speeches at Toastmasters