My name is Nick Urban. I’m a skeptical technologist.
I was raised on science fiction and I love what technology can do. But we think too little about what it ought to do. As Marshall McLuhan said, first we shape our tools, then our tools shape us. What sort of people do we want to be?
I studied software engineering to learn how, but now I’m more interested in why and to what end. Throughout my journey, I have been inspired by philosophy, literature, and meditation, as well as the enterprising spirit of entrepreneurs. I hope to build a software company that is both successful and idealistic.
For more info, see my resumé, GitHub, LinkedIn, or send me an email.
- Built an order management system as Chief Engineer at Bespoke Post
- Worked a year in Argentina
- Defended a master’s thesis on philosophy of technology
- Learned songs in French and German
- Gave two speeches at Toastmasters